31/07/2024

WHAT ABOUT REASONING – WAR

Humans can’t win any war, ever!

My friend,

My neighbour,

My enemy,

My sister,

All live around me

Like people,

Like me,

Like one and all,

With hair,

With eyes,

With fear

And the occasional tear


I love,

She loves,

They love,

We love

And occasionally we fight deadlier,

Proudly first,

Tired and frightened in the end,

But too late for the dead,

Of course,

And to right the wrongs

While the lessons of war

Became an extended loop;

As if reason could be resuscitated,

After being shot through the heart,

By pouncing it repeatedly,

Unfortunately it never happened

And my enemy is no more,

And my friend is no more,

And my sister is no more,

And my neighbour is no more,

And I will be, too, no more

If I can’t declare war illegal


Oftenlly we should dare... peacefully!

 

© Richard Man – 2024-07-30/31 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário